| HOME | ABOUT | COMICS | ILLUSTRATION | SHOP | DOWNLOADS | FILMISH

Sunday 5 September 2010

Solipsistic Pop 3 Preview

I've just finished my contribution to Volume 3 of the Solipsistic Pop anthology series.  You'll be able to see the full piece when the collection comes out in November.  In the meantime here's a little preview.


We were asked to work with two spot-colours (black and Pantone 485 U) which get combined in the printing process to produce a whole range of different tones.  Used to just picking my own colours, it was interesting and eye-opening to be creatively constrained in this way.  I think by far it made my work better, and the final look of the piece is far more cohesive as a result.  I think it's an approach I'll take far more in the future, limiting myself to a carefully selected and considered palette.  I can't wait to see what the other artists come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment