| HOME | ABOUT | COMICS | ILLUSTRATION | SHOP | DOWNLOADS | FILMISH

Monday 14 September 2009

Wisconsin, 1895.

The documentary Wisconsin Death Trip is one of the most atmospheric and unique American films I've seen in years. With our view of the Old West so shaped by cowboy movies, it's a revelation to see a film that shows us the day to day moments of melancholy and quiet pain that normal people lived. The idea inspired a short comic, that's still forming in my head. I managed to draw a first page though...



An example here of me using the computer for good rather than evil. All my colours are done in photoshop. In this case, I also used the program to tweak the composition, and the original hand drawn images were really just props that I later moved around in the computer. I think it turned out really well, and sets the tone for the story to come nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment