| HOME | ABOUT | COMICS | ILLUSTRATION | SHOP | DOWNLOADS | FILMISH

Tuesday 2 June 2015

Custom Boardgame



 With my soon-to-be-announced book recently finished I spent some time last week making a re-skin of the fantastic boardgame Coup for my wonderful friend Amy's birthday. It was a fun wee task, and a great way to unwind after almost two years working on the same project.


A tense and entertaining bluffing game, the original Coup comprises 5 characters, each with unique abilities. For Amy's custom set I reinterpreted these characters as member's of Amy's family, including her partner, her son and her cat. I think if I'd had more time it would have been nice to rewrite the game's theme as well to make it more suited to the family setting- but I was running to a tight deadline. Nonetheless, I'm really pleased with how it turned out - in large part thanks to the spot-on print job by John at Printvision in Edinburgh.



2 comments: